Formed in London in 1968, Led Zeppelin consisted of vocalist Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page, bassist and keyboardist John Paul Jones, and drummer John Bonham. Together they became one of the best-selling bands with estimated record sales of 300 million units worldwide. In 1995 Led Zeppelin was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for their innovative and influential impact on the entire music industry.
In this high energy rock and roll pinball concert experience, pinball and music are fused together. Players are transported back to Led Zeppelin’s early days and tour the world from 1968-1980. As if players were members of the band playing its music, their play updates game features at the start of each verse and chorus of ten iconic Led Zeppelin songs:
Good Times Bad Times
Whole Lotta Love
The Song Remains the Same
Rock and Roll
Trampled Under Foot
“There is nothing more energizing and fun than bringing pinball and music together,” said Gary Stern, Chairman and CEO of Stern Pinball, Inc. “Partnering with Led Zeppelin, we created a one-of-a-kind pinball experience. It’s our dream goal to create a pinball machine with this iconic rock band.”
The Pro, Premium, and Limited Edition models all feature a custom-molded Hindenburg Zeppelin toy, based on the iconic imagery from the Led Zeppelin I album. When lit, the Zeppelin toy scores speed locks on the player’s musical journey to Zeppelin multiball. A custom Swan Song Records trademark Icarus sculpted leaper toy takes flight when smashed by the chaotic pinball. A 3-bank of drop targets, 3 custom steel ramps, and 3 flippers keep the pinball action rolling.
The Premium and Limited Edition models feature an innovative interactive Electric Magic™ toy. This device is a unique motorized toy which rises from below the playfield to create different magical pinball experiences. An optical spinner charges the Electric Magic magnet, capturing and making balls disappear. The Electric Magic device also converts into a physical pinball bash toy capable of locking a ball or launching a ball aroundthe playfield.
In true rock concert fashion, the Expression Lighting System™ with 96 intelligent RGB LED’s enables full color spectrum control. Positioned in pockets cut into the cabinet sides to provide color themed full playfield illumination, this integrated playfield lighting system is synchronized to custom light shows specifically designed for every song and dynamically responsive to game events.
As an encore, these models have an additional reversing scoop and metal combo ramp, allowing players to keep the hits coming with constant adrenalized pinball action. A back panel mounted illuminated song status board indicates which Led Zeppelin song is in play.
Only 500 Limited Edition games will be made for sale throughout the world. This limited version includes an exclusive Icarus themed full color mirrored backglass, exclusive custom themed cabinet artwork, custom high gloss Paradise Shimmer Blue powder-coated armor, a custom autographed bottom arch, exclusive custom art blades, upgraded audio system, anti-reflection pinball glass, a shaker motor, and a sequentially numbered plaque.
What are the difference between the Pro and the Premium/LE?
There are quite a few differences between the two models. Here are features on the PREM/LE only:
- LED Light-Up Song Track on back panel informs players of songs that completed and songs left to play.
- Expression Lighting System™ with 96 RGB LEDS that synchronizes with in-game events. A true ‘rock and roll’ concert.
- The Expression Lighting System™ is a combination of art blade graphics and lights, and this comes with both Premium and LE, not the Pro.
- 68 RGB software controlled LEDS (the Pro only has 13)
- Hot Shot reversing combo wire ramp and return to the right flipper. (this is not on the Pro)
- On the Prem/LE there is a ramp that you can hit the right upper flipper with. This is not on the Pro. Best comparison is Jurassic Park’s Raptor Tower shot.
- Interactive Electric Magic machine rises and lowers from under playfield to reveal an optical spinner and also contains a magnet to trap the ball to catch and hold under the playfield for Multiball, Frenzy and Rock Out modes.
- Powder coated Steel Arch
- Software- since one the main attractions of the Prem/LE is the Electric Magic™ Toy, many of the code and rules in this model are not able to be played in the Pro.